Happy Valentine’s Day everyone! In honor of this day of Romance, we decided to post a list of our 5 favorite romantic locations in this beautiful state. Louisiana is filled with venues and locations that are just kiss and hug worthy. Here are our favorites:
1. Avery Island Not only is this where Tobasco products are produced, but their “Jungle Gardens” are filled with majestic oaks, wildlife, and a beautiful landscape.
2. Houmas House Home of some of the most beautiful landscaping in Louisiana- the Houmas House is one of Louisiana’s crown jewels. This historic plantation is perfect for a Saturday get away with your love. Be sure to enjoy some of their fine cuisine while you are there!
3. New Orleans Moon Walk. A stroll along the Mississippi River on New Orlean’s moonwalk tingles all of your senses with beautiful scenery, the sounds of jazz musicians, the smell of seafood and banana’s foster, the touch of your love’s hand along the small of your back, and ending with the taste of beignets at the world famous Cafe Du Monde!
4. Rip Van Winkle Gardens Located outside Lafayette, LA- Rip Van Winkle gardens is filled with sights to behold. Stay in one of their cottages for a romantic night. Walk along the banks of a lake formed from a sunken salt mine. Watch the peacocks as they parade around the grounds.
It’s been too long since I’ve shot here, so I don’t have an image handy to show you. We need to spend some time there to create some romantic images for someone- hint hint 😉
5. Oak Alley Home of the most enchanting view in Louisiana, Oak Alley is a celebrated plantation along River Road. Many movies have been filmed here, including Interview with a Vampire. Beyance filmed her video for Deja Vu here as well.
Do you have any recommendations for other romantic Louisiana locations? Please tell us about your suggestions in the comments below!